The City of Mississauga is accepting applications for citizen members to serve on several advisory committees of Council, for a four-year term. Citizen members help make recommendations related to specific City topics and areas of interest. Applications are being accepted from Thursday, February 16, 2023, until Thursday, March 9, 2023.
Citizen members are needed for the following advisory committees:
- Combating Racism, Discrimination and Hatred Advisory Committee – [New committee]
- Environmental Action Committee
- Governance Committee
- Mississauga Cycling Advisory Committee
- Mississauga Student Traffic Safety Action Committee (formerly Traffic Safety Council)
- Port Credit Heritage Conservation District Subcommittee
- Road Safety Committee
- Towing Industry Advisory Committee
- Transit Advisory Committee – [New committee]
Citizen-member terms will end on Tuesday, November 14, 2026 or until the committee for the new term has been appointed.
Joining an advisory committee as a citizen member:
Those applying as citizen members must meet the following criteria. You are:
- a Canadian citizen
- a Mississauga resident or business owner
- older than 18 years of age
- not employed by the City of Mississauga or the Region of Peel
Please note that some additional qualifications may be required for some committees.
Applications are being accepted from Thursday, February 16, 2023 until Thursday, March 9, 2023. Citizen selected through the application process will be contacted for an interview. All personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act.
For more information about committees of Council, visit mississauga.ca/council/committees.